Okay I forgot to set this up early and hello! I keep forgetting to do more blog hopping more often. It’s like I need to set aside time every day to do some blog hopping to make sure that I keep up with it. Hmm, maybe I should actually do that? That sounds like pretty good advice. Make it an appointment just like everything else. Hmmmmmm.
EDIT: I had this on my drafts from freaking APRIL of this year, so some of the posts you’ll see may be outdated, but I’ll still share them because they did catch my eye way back then. But I miss doing this so I’m gonna get back into doing this again. Mwahahah.
- Blog Tour Review: Someday in Paris by Olivia Lara – Dini: “I think the first thing I have to say is that you really have to suspend your disbelief with this story. Yes, there are elements of magical realism in the form of dreams that tie in with the concept of soulmates, but there are also a lot of coincidences and improbable things that happen that made it a little difficult to believe at times.”
- REVIEW|| The Bone Shard Daughter – Andrea Stewart // An intriguing and well executed epic fantasy – Krisha: “There were many secrets and twists to the story and some were partly predictable but others took me by surprise and made me go “OH” which is always a great feeling.”
- The Beauty of Your Face by Sahar Mustafah – ARC Review – Neelam: ” The conflicting feelings of a child from two worlds not knowing where they fit in, not enough for either their family culture or of living in the west spoke to me deep in my soul.”
- Book Tour | Come On In by Adi Alsaid & more Authors – Sofii: “Before starting, I want to clarify that I’ve never experienced immigration myself, but some of my family members did, as I think in most Latinx families, so I can give my opinion from that side and also above all, I want to focus on my country as such and in my people, customs and culture.”
- You Should See Me in a Crown | Book Review – Yolanda: “I absolutely loved that moment when her friends help her come up with her motto! It was so inspirational.”
- Announcement: Self-Care Readathon, June-August 2020 – Nikki: “Let’s focus, together, on self-care. Let’s explore other worlds together, learn new things, and help ourselves find those bits of happiness that can help us get through the tough times. Let’s focus on community, sharing our reads with one another.”
- HOW TO DECIDE WHICH BLOGS TO FOLLOW (FT. BLOGGERS YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY FOLLOW) – Sammie: “Remember all the blogs I mentioned that are out there? Well, the surefire way to stand out, at least for me, is personality.”
- Should You Engage in Book Drama? – Sha & Mandy: “Tl;Dr: You should have a tangential connection to the communities affected by the drama if you plan on engaging.”
- CAITLIN READS: Book Bloggers’ Book Recommendations // ft. Scythe, Graceling, & more! – Caitlin: “The aim of this Caitlin Reads will be to answer the question, ‘Can we Trust Book Bloggers’ Recommendations?'”
- Books by Black Authors 📚 #BlackHistoryMonth – Caro: “Today, I’m highlighting 6 Black authors whose books I recommend and loved reading!”
- TV Talk: Reasons to Watch Free! – Lois: “Free! is not an anime you should pass upon, and even non-anime fans can appreciate this heartening story of friendship.”
- Top 5 Wednesday: Books the Book Community Didn’t Make Me Read – Amanda: “We all know that reading/seeing so many thoughts on one book WILL effect our opinion once we finish it.”
- Four Month Wrap Up *whoopsies*: August Edition – Allie: “Though I have been in this mindset of having to read almost constantly, I had read less books than the past three months.”
- 2020 Book Releases I am Excited About – Part 7 – Yna: “So many wonderful books will be published this year and most of them come with wonderful and jaw-dropping covers!”
- WWW Wednesday: September 9, 2020 – Sarahi: “I wanted to read something different and i’ve seen this book everywhere in the book community so I decided to go for it!”
Oh gosh, I remember seeing this post months ago and I still have yet to read this novel! I was pulled into it because of the dragon on the cover – obviously! – and Shealea has really good recommendations that she pulls together. I’ll have to take a look at this, or at least see if I can find this one.
Monica is literally the cutest person ever! I love her videos and aesthetics all the time, and she’s just a joy to support! Here’s a video that I found back in April with her answering Instagram questions for us mere mortals.
I saw recently on someone’s post – which I think may actually be deleted now? I don’t know – that they feel like book bloggers aren’t appreciated in the community. That is something that I agree with wholeheartedly and it’s sometimes super difficult to deal with as a blogger as well. There are also times where it just feels like people aren’t happy in general, so things seem to just feel tense all around for some reason and it makes the environment not as conducive to having fun as it used to be. I know that there are things that need to be discussed, and there are ways to have genuine important discussions without straight attacks on people, but sometimes it can just seem like the positives are not as much as the negatives.
I hope that being able to take a look at some of the posts that I’ve found in the blogsphere, as well as some of the bookstagram and booktube posts that I’ll share every once in a while. Or at least one for each of these posts that I’ll do because I do appreciate seeing book posts all over the place! Maybe you haven’t seen these posts yet, and I hope that you are able to take a look and do some mini blog hopping! I know I still have to do better at that, and go back to commenting again – which I do miss – so I’ll be working on that as well.
Stay thirsty, friends.