Thank you again to Sam @ Taking on a World of Words for hosting this weekly meme. I’m pretty sure you all know the drill by now, but in case you don’t and you want to join, here are the three questions we always answer:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you will read next?
Yep, I went there.
- Beasts of Prey – Ayana Gray
- Mr. Churchill’s Secretary – Susan Elia MacNeal
- Pleasure Activism: The Politics of Feeling Good – adrienne maree brown
And yes, I went there because of Pleasure Activism! This book is full of the erotic, pleasure, being open in our sexuality, and what makes us feel good. I just finished discussing it during book club tonight at Eleanor’s Norfolk, but I didn’t actually finish it yet. I’m a little more than halfway done with it though, and I definitely see myself going through it throughout the year to visit some of its essays and take notes.
- Before We Were Yours – Lisa Wingate
- Sister Outsider – Audre Lorde
- Cold Mourning – Brenda Chapman
- This Side of Murder – Anna Lee Huber
It’s already been 12 days and I feel behind. I don’t know why I feel behind when technically I’m ahead of my goal – 50 books this year, but we will see! I guess it’s just the whole competition that I put on myself to read a lot, and even though I was supposed to not stress myself out with reading this year, I already started doing it.
So enough is enough! I’m only reading to bring pleasure to my life, the way that reading always made me feel growing up.
- The Trouble with White Women: A Counterhistory of Feminism – Kyla Schuller
- The Thursday Murder Club – Richard Osman
- In Every Mirror She’s Black – Lola Akinmade Åkerström
Yep, there’s another book club pick in there. Can you tell which one it is?
Well I’ll give you a hint: I don’t normally read non-fiction novels.
And there we have it. I wanted to have some sort of break between my book club posts so even though I had my second book club meeting tonight – for a different book club that may or may not be combined in the future – I wanted to take some time to digest what we talked about and then write it out.
How are y’all doing? Have you read any of these books yet? For those of you that don’t normally gravitate towards non-fiction novels, how do you get through them so you can be an active participant in a discussion? Let me know in the comments below.
One thought on “WWW Wednesday | 01/12/22”
Enjoy your reading!
I’m currently readng Jade Legacy, and loving it!
LikeLiked by 1 person