Honestly I feel like I’m the worst to give advice on getting out of slumps because I’m prone to having six-nine month long slumps, sometimes more. You can tell if you look at my blog before I got more consistent. You could see how many months could go by between my good moments when I’d want to try again. I’m just honestly so thankful that I haven’t slipped again.
- Watch your favorite movie, TV show for an hour or two. Just completely remove your mind from reading at the moment.
- Read your favorite review that you ever wrote, and reminisce on how good it felt to write it
- Get out of your reading place (physically) and explore somewhere else for a bit
- Listen to some music
- Watch a music video that speaks to your soul
- Take a break
- See if you’re willing to do a buddy read. Sometimes reading with someone else can get you out of a slump