A week ago today I said I think I’m getting sick. It’s only been getting worse but I was just on vacation in July so like, I can’t just leave work can I? But maybe if I did take off work then I could actually rest and not get people sick. It may not even be like illness sick, but stress sick or tired sick.
I’m rambling. Anyway.
Sam @ Taking on a World of Words is a gem for handling this weekly meme. You guys know the drill by now right? If you’ve just tuned in to my blog, here are the three questions we ask ourselves each Wednesday for our enjoyment:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you will read next?
Let’s get it on.
*Indicates my progress as of writing this post.
- The Year I Left – Christine Brae (ARC Review & Blog Tour) – 12%*
- Sweet Black Waves (Sweet Black Waves #1) – Kristina Perez – 5%*
I swear to all things holy I just can’t get into Sweet Black Waves! I don’t know if I’m hitting a wall with my reading or what, but I’m trying. I like the premise and I like Branwen, but like… I don’t know.
The Year I Left is also not something I’d normally pick up, but it’s interesting how it was written and maybe I can read that before bed.
- Into the Wildbarrens (The Gems of Elsana #1) – Christian Sterling ( ★★★★) ARC Review
- The Lady Rogue – Jenn Bennett (★★★★★) ARC Review
- How the Light Gets In – Katy Upperman (★★★★★) ARC Review & Blog Tour
- Golden Son (Red Rising #2) – Pierce Brown (Buddy Read with Elise @ A Book and a Cup) – ( ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ )
So Elise finished Golden Son way before me (I see a pattern of my reading partners finishing books days before I do. I’m sorry you have a slow partner in me! I’m doing my best 😣 But stay tuned for our discussion post. I’m excited for that one!
Now the only one you don’t get to read yet is my review for How the Light Gets In because my stop on the blog tour with the Fantastic Flying Book Club is on the 17th! You’ll have to wait in anticipation same as me. I just want to show it already!
- Nevernight (Nevernight Chronicles #1) – Jay Kristoff (Buddy Read with Elise)
- Season of the Witch – Sarah Rees Brennan (ARC Review)
- All the Bad Apples – Moira Fowley-Doyle (ARC Review & Blog Tour for FFBC)
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo – Taylor Jenkins Reid (Blogger Collaboration with Angharad @ Two Book Thieves)
What’s the book collaboration post? Well Angharad asked for our favorite books to read and she would review them, so I asked for her favorite book so I could do the same! I like that idea, and maybe once I calm down in reading, I’ll ask certain people for their favorite books and get through them one at a time.
I swear I’m not consistent with how many books I read in a week. It varies between 0 and 5 I guess. 5 is the absolute most and I’m honestly shocked whenever I finish 5 books in a week’s worth of time. That is NOT the norm so don’t expect that from me every single time. I’m still proud of myself when I finish at least ONE book, so that’s a good goal to hit each week.
When you see me currently reading the buddy read for my future YouTube channel, you know things are about to get LIT. 🔥🔥🔥